Friday, January 11, 2019

Well, it's about that time!

Pre-departure

It's hard to believe that within the next 48 hours I will be on a plane to Germany. With just a few more things to take care of, I'm almost ready to go. I'm both very excited and slightly anxious. I really (really) hope that my luggage doesn't get lost because with my luck... Besides that, I feel like I will have a good flight to Germany. I have never really been outside of the United States before; therefore, traveling to Europe for the first time and by myself is worrisome. However, my eagerness to see the world and anticipation of the adventures ahead overcome such. 
I'm participating in this Biosciences program because of the many opportunities it offers for me to grow as a Biomedical Sciences student and as a person. I'm excited for my classes, learning outside of TAMU's campus, watching surgeries, and working on the project with the German biotechnology company. In addition, I'm eager to become more culturally aware and learn a third language. As the program includes trips in Germany and to Vienna and Paris, I'm ready for all of the beautiful sights. I hope to visit Berlin, Prague, and Italy as well (and anywhere else I can go)! 
Although they are excited for me to travel, I am sad to leave my family and friends. However, I must remember that this is only an "I'll see you later." 💜 
I cannot wait to land in Germany and meet those from AIB and my host family. Let the journey begin! :) ✌

No comments:

Post a Comment