Wednesday, January 23, 2019

This ain't Texas (week 1)

It’s weird to me that I have been in Germany now for a week, because to me it feels as if I have been here much longer than that. It has been a very exciting and tiring week. I am very thankful we have been so busy this week with activities, because it has not given me time to get homesick. I have thoroughly enjoyed everything we have done so far. From the wine tasting to exploring Aachen and listening to Enmodes presentation, it has made me so excited for this upcoming semester. Meeting everyone on this program has been such a joy and I am so thankful that I get to experience this journey with them. Everyone on this trip is very adventurous and they all crave to learn more about our world. I have loved sitting with my fellow students at lunch or in old AIB after our visa meeting, discussing political and environmental topics. I am very excited to start working on a research project with these students in groups and see what we can all put together. My favorite highlights from this first week definitely include the wine tasting (definitely a peak in my life) and ice skating for Melania’s birthday (which I didn’t fall once so catch me taking ice skating for my KINE). The social aspect of this program has been fantastic so far and I am looking forward to continuing to get to know my fellow students as we continue our semester.

For academics, I am really looking forward to studying here in Germany. The classes I am signed up to take, (VTPP 401, 423, and genetics) all seem fascinating and I know I am going to learn a lot through them. I am extremely excited to shadow surgeries for 401 later this semester as I want to work in surgery one day as a PA. This program offers many great opportunities for me and I cannot wait to get started with my studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment