Sunday, January 27, 2019

Been a tough week, but in Germany it's fun!

This week has been full of homework and long school days, and the week to come will be just as challenging. However, These trials are met with a large reward at the end of the week. For example, my reward for enduring one full week here in Bonn was an awesome trip to Cologne. It was simply breathtaking how such a beautiful city can be so close to where we're staying. The cathedral in Cologne was absolutely magnificent. The sheer size of it was incredible, I think that may have been one of the most amazing buildings I have ever seen. In fact, I'm certain that it is the most amazing building I have ever seen. Unfortunately after our sweet trip to Cologne I had to attend my differential equations class. I really like my professor, but math is so hard to absorb after such a long day of fun. The following days of school were long. Pretty much a 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. day every day. I actually feel like I have more homework here in Germany than I did in College Station. I had homework in nearly every class. When I told my host family that I would be studying over the weekend, they were shocked! I guess their previous students didn't work as hard. That's okay though. I have a couple of sayings that justify the work I put into things. I always say "Hard work beats talent." and "If you put good in, then you'll get good out". I'm no stranger to hard work, but I think I need to be a little more efficient in my work. Aside from school, life around Bonn is interesting. I am constantly taking in my surroundings and observing people and how they behave. Also, I think some of the employees at Dean & David are getting to know me. They're very friendly and always help me if I don't understand things. They even ask me how to say words in English. I learned that a grill in English is the same as in German. To end, I'll include some pictures of Cologne! Oh, and this weekend I'm gonna be traveling to Rome!






1 comment: