Saturday, January 12, 2019

Changing Again - well, great!

Within the next few hours, I will be on board from South Korea heading to another totally new place. Well, this had happened many times before, but why, this feels nervous. 
Since I was 10, my study abroad has started. I was born in Korea but I stayed and studied in Philippines under a Korean host family. Until my high school graduation, my times in Philippines have developed me to be more mature and independent, and those times made huge differences with my peers in Korea. Though it was risky, it changed me greatly. Also, coming to U.S. was another challenging decision for me. I applied and was admitted to Texas A&M while there was nobody I knew of, and have never visited Texas. However, as I look back, By the help of so many good people, and good organizations (Corps of Cadets and my Korean church back in Cstat) this challenge that I made also turned out to be great, and developed me into a better individual. Of course, as a Christian, I wholeheartedly confess that this is all God's grace.
But now, while preparing for this experience, I started questioning myself, why do I feel nervous again? what makes me feel different with the past experiences? while thinking about that, I realized this shivering feeling that I have now is not because of worry nor fear, but it's solely because of my great expectations that I have on this program that I have so much waited for, and that this challenge I took will develop me for another around into a totally new and better person. By interacting with my with my fellow friends and professors, I expect to think the way I have never thought before and  to build a great camaraderie while being the supporters in the time and place of unfamiliarity. Also, academically, I am excited on this project with Enmodes company that will broaden my research skills and my knowledge on specific biomedical aspects. Lastly, in a short while, I hope to see my host family and share good moments and love together.

Now, its time for me the leave to the Incheon International Airport, and start with this great lifetime changing experience! Hope to see everyone soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment