Monday, January 28, 2019

...but I can live like one!

German life... has a lot of small differences, but I am getting used to them. The food (and the beer) is always good. I air dried an entire laundry for the first time in my life. I can't say it's my personal preference but I suppose I'm saving the Earth little by little right? I'll keep telling myself that and feel better about my air dried clothes... haha! We also get the wonderful opportunity to save the world by commuting every day, every where! I'm not sure if I've mentioned this yet, but my commute to school is roughly 45m-1h from the front door of my house to the school. It's really not bad but it feels like I spend a lot of my time on that bus... If I ever commute again, it will definitely be a shorter route.

It has been super cold since we arrived, and I have been lucky enough to get to experience the Apotheke (apothecary/pharmacy) because of it! Experiencing the healthcare system has been an interesting so far... it took me 2 or 3 tries to get successfully get a decongestant. I also had a doctor's appointment and it seemed like both the physician and the pharmacist were mostly treating the illness rather than me, the patient, as a whole. I think I might finally be getting some relief after someone in my group gave me some DayQuil (shoutout to Katarina!). But on the plus side of super cold weather, I can now say I've walked to/from school in the snow (uphill both ways of course)!

Personal travel plans really went underway this week as I started to plan my weekend trips. Feb 1-3 is a long weekend, so I booked a roundtrip flight to Madrid (for only about 60€). Then we have a group trip to Vienna from Feb. 5-8. From here, a few girls and I are headed to Budapest from Feb. 8-10 since we're already off to the East a bit. Aaaaand in the middle of all this, we are missing a Genetics test on Feb 6. So the not so fun part is that I am spending this week studying every day to prepare for the exam when we get back. I'm a little worried about 11 days of extreme travel before an exam... but it is the first one, so I think it'll all work out. Fingers crossed. Pray for me. Send good vibes. Do what you do.

Tonight a few of us are going to the Preview - a showing of a movie that has yet to be released in theaters. I'm super excited because we don't have anything like this in the States! Unless of course you're special/famous enough to go to a movie premier... which I will never be. So I gotta take advantage of the chances that I have while here!

Ok, well I wrote this blog during Genetics class and it is ending now, so this post is ending too! Tschuss!

No comments:

Post a Comment