Sunday, January 13, 2019

My expectations of the Hero's Journey

     Through this program I expect to gain well needed R&D experience with Enmodes, as well as a look into the different aspects of biomedical engineering through the R&D and the visit to the Uniklinik. I also look forward to working as a team on this project and becoming more comfortable working with all of my fellow students. Personally, I cannot wait to experience the amazing cultures that are a big part of the different countries in Europe. If I didn't come on this trip, I wouldn't have the opportunity to visit and explore all of these countries until much later in my life, so I expect to make the most of this opportunity to visit as many places as I can. Living with a host family also serve to be a great experience in itself, as I have never been on "that side of the pond" and it will help me adjust to the different environment. 
     My only anxiety about going to Germany is about leaving my friends and family behind. Of course I will be in contact with them every week, if not every day, but I won't BE with them. Although having 24 of my classmates going with me on this trip will help alleviate those anxieties as new friendships will be made and fun will be had!
     I chose to come on this trip because I wanted to experience all that Europe had to offer. The excursions that we will go on will take us to great places that I would have only seen in pictures but now I will be able to see them in person. Being able to also work with a biomedical engineering company was also a big pull for me, as I haven't done any research in my college career and the experience from this will be very helpful later in my life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment