Saturday, January 12, 2019

Getting ready for something different

As I prepare to leave, to go across the sea to live in a country I've never seen, it doesn't really feel real yet. Although I board my plane in less than 24 hours, I don't think it will truly sink in what I'm doing until I get to Germany. I'm nervous for this new experience, but more so I'm excited for everything that Germany has to offer. Although the culture shock was not as strong as I imagine it will be with Bonn, I moved myself to Texas for college for school from Arizona, so I feel *somewhat* prepared for what comes ahead, at least in terms of being away from my family, friends, and pups. I've flown a decent amount by myself, so I'm at least not nervous for that, at least not any more than usual. I'm not sure I'm ready for jet lag, however, I imagine I'll be struggling when we first get there a bit. 

What I'm most excited for, however, is having the ability to explore so many exciting and interesting places in relative close proximity to Bonn. I'm also looking forward to learning about all the different foods prepared there, as I like to eat and make different types of food. Overall, I'm looking forward to the trip and all the opportunities that we'll have while we're there.

No comments:

Post a Comment