Sunday, January 20, 2019

One week down!

We have only been here a week and we have done many more things that I thought could be packed into one week. We have been to a vineyard/winery, a museum, a cathedral, and two castles, all the while exploring central Bonn and trying to get familiar with our new town. After this first week, I think that I have a good understanding of the layout of the places around the old AIB. This might come in handy, as some people on this trip aren't great with directions, namely Sid😂. We both went to the Haribo store yesterday and everything is so cheap there compared to back in the states. I bought 6 bags of gummies plus a gummy bear keychain for 8 euros! I will definitely be going back there multiple times over this semester. 

Our host mom, Petra, is a very sweet woman and she loves that she now has people in her house since all of her kids are over the age of 20. Her daughter Paula came down on Thursday and she is just as nice as her mom. She only came down for a few days but it will be great to meet up with her  two brothers once Karnival comes around. Both of them have made adjusting to this foreign place much easier. 

I am used to seeing loud cars going down the road in the states, but here everyone is about fuel efficiency since gas prices are so high. I have yet to see a single truck on the road but I saw the one and only mustang drive by us today and I was shocked since Europeans are not very interested in muscle cars. Most of the sports cars that I have seen are BMW's, Mercedes, or Porches, but a few days ago Sid and I saw a Maserati and it was such a beautiful car.

Our classes really haven't started yet except for our Differential Equations class and German lessons. The German class is going to be really fun and very useful for my stay here in Germany, while the diff eq class is going to take a lot of work to keep up with. Most of our main classes will start tomorrow and I am looking forward to the new BMEN classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment