Sunday, January 20, 2019

Settling In

One incredible week down in Bonn, and many more to go. This past week has been jam packed with unforgettable experiences, and I've barely gotten here. I feel like I've spent a good portion of my week flexing on all my friends back home with all the cool stuff that we've done, from drinking wine in Mayschoss to touring the Aachener Dom and finding out that Jesus's clothes and Charlemagne's remains were in cool golden treasure chests right in front me. Most importantly, everyone in the program has already grown pretty close. Whenever someone suggests a travel idea, it feels like all 21 of us immediately jump on board, and everyone is keen on hanging out in the city as well. 

As for the coming week, however, we have to start real school. I am excited a little bit, but up til now everything has felt like a vacation abroad, and we're just now adding the study. I think the Enmodes project will be an interesting experience, but I still feel pretty clueless. That's not a completely foreign feeling though, as I had to learn the public transport system this past week as well. For as punctual as Germans are, their buses and trains don't always live up to that same standard. All in all, it's pretty easy to get around, so I didn't have much trouble getting adjusted. Also this coming week, I need to start actually planning trips to other countries. But for now I'm settled in, and I feel right at home in Bonn.

No comments:

Post a Comment