Monday, January 28, 2019

The second post


ZWEI baby. Week number two was greater than great. During this week, I felt more settled down than before and this was comforting. I was able to find a gym near the AIB building and sign up for a membership. It’s nothing extravagant but it has what I need, and for a cheaper price than I would be paying back in Texas, so I am happy with it. Plus, they gave me a water bottle when registering. I was actually about to purchase a bottle at the store so I’m glad I didn’t (because then I would have two bottles and, well, I don’t need that many). Things at home are the same- Ina and the boys are doing their thing. For a while I wasn’t eating as much as I would like to, but I conveyed this to Ina and she purchased more food. The other night, she was sleeping on the couch (per usual) but she was snoring quite loud- it was funny. It seems that they are all very comfortable with me being in the house which in turn comforts me.
On the other hand, school is picking up a bit more. The history of medicine lectures are very interesting and very in depth- much more than I expected honestly. We had one pharmacology class and it was much, much, much less intimidating than we all expected. At the same time, none of us (5) really know what to expect. We will meet three times this next week so I’m interested to see how it goes. I mean this all in a positive manner though, I’m very much hoping to learn a lot in that class. Finally, physiology. So far, this class has been very much review. However, I am very pleased to experience this content in a “review” manner rather than a “I should remember this but forgot it” manner. I’m excited to move forward in the material for this course.
The enomdes project is really the only aspect of this semester that stresses me. I don’t doubt my creativity, but I feel it is limited in my by knowledge in the field. While actively reading papers to fix this, I hope I can learn enough in time to make the meaningful contributions I know I am capable of.
Lastly, I should mention the spontaneous trip I embarked on to Maastricht. It was very fun. I'll include a couple of pictures since they're worth a thousand words and all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment