Wednesday, February 21, 2018

When Karnival hits ain't getting anything done

Howdy folks!! So last week was an adventure. Monday was still part of Karnival so a group of us went to Cologne to celebrate and received loads of candy especially chocolate. It was the longest parade I have every seen and probably will ever see with at least 62 different sections and each section having at least 3 parts but not exceeding 15 parts. It lasted for four hours so when it started snowing people found cover because the parade was still going to be there. Most of the week following was classes and such but on Mittwoch or Wednesday we traveled back to Leverkusen where we saw some of the new thoughts and technology about to become implemented in everyday lives which is super exciting. They even showed us why packaging and medicine is different in Germany then the US for example we prefer things in bottle form and the German's prefer box form so all of their medications are packaged in little boxes and one of the reasons is because when you start getting older the box is easier to open than a bottle so older folk can easily get their medication. The weekend I decided to stay in Bonn I decided to go to the gym both days and ran for 5 miles one day which was an experience that I never think I could say I had done before. Pretty sad I know but there's a first for everything and I did it in an hour so I'm not super out of shape. Other then that it's been pretty quiet over here. So thanks for reading and look forward to the next post skiing may or may not be included!

No comments:

Post a Comment