Thursday, February 8, 2018

Ich Leibe W I E N

Lecture hall ceiling in Austrian Academy of science
   This week has been an adventure!! We started off on a plane to Vienna, where we spent about 4 days. Vienna was absolutely stunning. It is one of my favorite city visited so far. There was just something about Vienna that captured my heart; maybe it could have been because the sun came out a lot while we were there, but I think it's so much more. I will definitely be going back someday. In Vienna, we had a tour from our very own Dr. Schnabel, who I like to call Dr. Wasser's identical twin. Dr. Schnabel took us on a Medical city walk, where we got to see the academy of science buildings, and got to see a huge lecture room that looks like an auditorium.

After the tour, we got to see the crypt in the St Michael's. This was a very weird experience but it was interesting. We got to see mummies and learn about how they are preserved. After this, we went to have dinner at the Goulash museum. I got the beef filet Goulash and it was absolutely delicious! The next day, we visited the Narrenturm (the madhouse). This was really interesting as we got to see wax models and preparations of diseases in the time of Joseph the second, the son of Maria Theresa. Seeing these ailments made me appreciate how far we have come in medicine. After this, Lexie and I along with Austen, Joseph and Izzie met up with my host parents. We ate brunch at a cafe called cafe prunto, visited the Belvedere place, went to the Wien Markt. The market was an interesting scene as everyone wanted us to buy their commodities. My favorite phrase was when one of the sellers said to Izzie, Austen, Lexie and I ~~"three girlfriends ehh lucky man." We ended our time with my host parent at one of the restaurants in the market, where I tried my host's mom Emperor rubbish dish. It was really yummy and it tasted like doughy pancake. I spent the rest of the night buried in homework back at the hotel (DeutchMeiser).

The next day we went to the Josephinum, where we saw anatomical wax of body parts and got to see an artificial heart exhibition. Then we had lunch and went to visit the Sigmund Freud's house and had a lecture about him in his house, which was neat. After this we went to a concert at the St. Anna's church; after which we went to a fancy Italian restaurant and got pizza. The waiter at this restaurant was very nice and served us well.

The next day, we went to Spanish Horse Riding School to watch the horse riders practice. This was a great experience. We then wandered around and went to the Austrian National Library, and then went to a restaurant called Ramen, where I got fried rice and chicken! After this we went to the National History Museum of Vienna. This was totally one of my favorite museums yet!! It was so stinking cool. Being in that museum just felt so right! After the museum, we went back to the hotel and packed for the next destination: Budapest!

Picture Gallery: 
Dr. Schnabel

Imperial Palace Vienna 





Dinner spot after concert 

Beef Goulash 

Dressed up for a concert 

Austrian national library

Beautiful building across Stadpark

The back side of the imperial palace 

I will keep you updated about Budapest!

Bis Spater.

No comments:

Post a Comment