Sunday, February 4, 2018

Week 3

This week for the program we went to Vienna and visited many buildings and museums in the city. Initially, there was a shocker moment when Dr. Wasser appeared from the underground train station. He was dressed as a healer from the time of the Black Plague. He then showed us some of the amazing lecture halls from the college and the architecture was astounding. I was also able to see the gross anatomy figures that the medical students showed us. Many of the figures displayed rare medical cases.

Unfortunately, on the second day of the Vienna trip I had developed a bad cold. I was sick for the rest of trip. I got some nasal spray and decongestion medicine from the Apotheke. The nasal spray was extremely strong a cleared my nose of all mucus. I was feeling better on the third day of the Vienna trip and was able to still walk around and see the city. I visited the Louis Vutton and Gucci stores which had some of the most expensive and extravagant clothing I had ever seen. I will definitely miss Vienna and will have to visit the city again before I end my journey.


After Vienna, I went to Budapest and stayed with Alwin’s big brother. He goes to medical school in Budapest and I was able to meet some of his classmates. It was very interesting to meet his classmates because they all came from different walks of life. They came from Australia, Sweden, Norway, Canada and even the United States. I learned that the medical school process in Europe is much different than the process in the United States. Students can apply straight from high school to medical school and finish medical school in six years. I also walked around Budapest with Alwin’s brother and he showed me the bridge that connects Buda and Pest. I was able to see the castle and the Parliament building. Budapest was a beautiful city and I hope to visit it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment