Thursday, February 15, 2018

Week 4: Ich liebe Karneval

Hallo!
Week 4 was probably the best week since I have been in here.

The weekend after Vienna a group of us headed to Munich. After we arrived at our amazing hostel Friday, I slept like a baby in after an exhausting previous week in Vienna. The next morning, we woke up bright and early and headed to Füssen for the Neuschwanstein Castle. I did not know what to expect, so when I saw the snowy mountains I was immediately amazed. The tour of the castle was underwhelming, but the sights and the snow around the area were amazing. We chose to hike up to the "closed" bridge....SO WORTH IT. I will never forget the rush of excitement I felt up on those mountains.

Coming back to classes after such an amazing weekend was not fun. I think classes will start picking up with assignments and studying. I actually enjoy Physiology and learning about our body. I don't know why, but sometimes I will space out and start questioning how we know that there are chemicals called neurotransmitters that relay messages....SCIENCE!

The week was over before I knew it. It was finally Thursday, the start of Karneval! I had (too much) fun and it was such a nice experience to be surrounded by people of all ages that just wanted to have fun. Although I had to reenergize on Friday, I went out Saturday and dropped it low (I love dancing even though I am terrible at it HAHA). My host parents actually dropped me off at Friedensplatz Saturday night and even wanted to meet the friends I was going out with. On Sunday, I tagged along with my host parents to a parade. They stuffed my bag with candy and made sure I got to experience Karneval to the fullest. On the last day of Karneval, a group of us headed to Köln to see what all the buzz was about. I loved the atmosphere and the energy of the people around us. I will never forget Karneval.

Sidenote: A group of us went to a Wilderness park on Saturday that was surprisingly close to my house. I think I might have found my new favorite spot in Bonn.


Till next time!
-Claudia Mendoza



My host dad wanted to take a pic of us :)

TAMU needs to put us on the cover of something...

Karneval parade on Sunday 

"There is beauty in the struggle" applies to this hike

No comments:

Post a Comment