Monday, February 5, 2018

Chapter 3

Instead of class on January 25, we went to the History Museum and had essentially our history of medicine lecture there. I liked how the museum did not have an entry fee, as it's important for people of all financial backgrounds to know the past - and the correct past, not just what the "winners" skew the history to be. (Especially with the current events happening in Myanmar/Rohingya.) My favorite part of the museum had to be the small monument for John F Kennedy, mainly because I like JFK. I knew about the Marshall Plan from class, but Dr. Wasser hinted that the drive behind the Marshall plan was in order to increase hegemony of a capitalistic system, as opposed to a communist community. That makes so much more sense, as I always wondered what the United States would put the equivalent of billions of dollars in some countries, but not other countries - whether it be back then or in present, modern day times.

I went to my first ever Bundesliga match!! This is my second time at a professional sports game, with my first being the Texas A&M versus Ball State football. It was fun and the fans were all hyped up and excited!! I am not much of a sports fan but this was definitely something I would do once in my life.


For class, we also had an intercultural communications workshop, and I think it is good that we have them, as many people like to live their lives quite oblivious to the world around them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment