Sunday, February 25, 2018

A Few Days Off

Monday
Test week. That's really all I can think about today. We have our Differential Equations test coming up on Thursday, and I'm still not sure how to study for that one. Today we also had the Pharmacology Workshop, which was pretty cool. We really just learned how to search drugs and information about drugs. The rest of the afternoon we had classes, ending with an enmodes meeting. We have about two weeks to get our first presentation together.

Tuesday
The second half of the Pharmacology workshop. Today's half was more interesting- we talked about the more social or societal aspect of drugs, and also learned what is expected of medical students when it comes to pharmaceuticals.

Wednesday-Friday
I'm grouping these days together because I ended up finally catching the virus that was floating around school (and all of Germany it seems). I attempted to go to classes on Wednesday, but ended up going home after German (my first class). I spent the rest of Wednesday in bed, and then woke up early on Thursday to walk with Lauren (who was also sick) to the AIB so that they could direct us towards a doctor. After some phone difficulties, one of the student workers walked us to a doctors office around the corner. We sat in the waiting room for about 2 hours before a nurse finally came and got us (they let us go in together, which I thought was interesting). Once the nurse realized we only spoke English, she went and got the doctor right away. The doctor was really cool. We ended up spending a while in her office, talking to her about school and medical school/life in Germany. She wasn't surprised we were sick- she said about 90% of her patients had what we had, and the most she could do was prescribe bed rest and an advil-type medicine to help with the pain. So we went home and slept for about two days straight.

Saturday-Sunday
I'm grouping these days together too because they aren't much more exciting than the rest of the week. Lauren and I got out of the house Saturday and went shopping. The city center was packed with people, and we ran out of energy pretty quickly so we came back home and hung around the house for the rest of the day. The neighbors came over for dinner, which was a lot of fun. We ended the night with the sixth Harry Potter.

Today (Sunday) is dedicated to homework. I slept in this morning, ate the usual Sunday brunch with the host family, and am now locking myself away to finally study for that differential equations test. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment