Friday, February 9, 2018

An ordinary week


[January 22-28]

To be honest this week felt fairly uneventful. It consisted mainly of classwork and random activities. When I wasn’t in class, I was either doing unproductive things at the AIB, going to the gym, or getting lost somewhere on the bus. I really thought I was starting to get the hang of the transportation system, but it has been three times this week that I’ve wasted about an hour either getting on the wrong bus or going the opposite direction. However, the other night I successfully helped this old lady get on the right bus, so I feel like that’s quite the accomplishment.  Not to mention, she couldn’t speak a word of English. I’m not too sure how I managed to help her, but I guess our German class is paying off.. Other than that, I’ve been trying to get to know my host family and the other students on the program. So far, my courses here have been fairly interesting. However, we’ve been in classes for over a week, and it really doesn’t seem like school has begun. I find that it’s quite difficult to get in the right mindset for schoolwork since living in Germany is a bit like a vacation. Hopefully once we get further along into our classes, I will be more productive with the readings and homework. Thursday we went to the House of History museum where Professor Wasser informed us of post WWII Germany and what the country went through in that time period. The next day was classes as usual, but we had a meeting for Enmodes and divided into groups to start discussing our project. I think this will be an interesting topic to research, and I’m curious to see how it turns out at the end of the semester. This weekend was relatively relaxed; I talked to some friends back home, tried to figure out future weekend trips, and went to the soccer game in Leverkusen.  I ended the day by packing my bags for our next week in Vienna!

No comments:

Post a Comment