Friday, February 2, 2018

Week 3: I am addicted to croissants


 hallo!

   I have been in Germany/Europe less than a month and I can honestly say I am living my best life. I have become a tea drinker and I try foods I usually turn away from because "I don't like" but have actually never tried. Bonn is slowly becoming "home" and I have met some cool people I love exploring Europe with. 
   I terribly miss my parents, siblings, and friends. The time difference does not help facilitate communication with them. I usually am not so homesick in College Station, but I am across the world so maybe that has something to do with it. My host family is...interesting. My host siblings are almost never there so I have not really connected with them. However, my host parents are another story.  They are both very educated and experienced individuals. We always have dinner together and after we talk about fashion, agriculture, politics, traveling, and so many other random topics. I enjoy learning from them as much as they enjoy hearing about my life and about the US through my point of view.
    Side story: my host mom invited me to her brunch with her girl friends. We ate quiche and croissants (YAS!) with mimosas. I even had a conversation entirely in Spanish with one of her friends who had lived in Costa Rica for 3 years.

   This past weekend we went to a Bundesliga match with Leverkusen vs. Mainz. I used to play soccer and have always loved the sport. I shared pictures and videos with my dad, who shares the same love for soccer. I loved the tall soccer players, the food, and the atmosphere.

   At the moment, I am on a train to Munich from Vienna. I can honestly say Vienna is now my #1 favorite city (London went down to #2). From the beautiful buildings to the AMAZING Naturhistorisches Museum, I fell in love with this majestic city.
The highlights of the trip include:
1. The FOOD (especially the Sachertorte)
2. Dr. Schnabel's (the distinguished Plague doctor) tour
3. Dr. Wasser's Sigmund Freud lecture
4. The Albertina
5. Shönbrun
 I always think about moving and making Europe my permanent. Vienna might have just given me that last push to be brave, pack my bags, and live my dreams.

XOXO,
Claudia Mendoza
the best roomies and only reason I made it on time to breakfast on time 


at the Albertina art museum 

No comments:

Post a Comment