Monday, February 19, 2018

Kooky Karneval

This past week has been quite a fun ride! First, there was karneval week. It was one of the best times I had in Germany. First, there was the Bonn parade, where I got to see many different floats. The best part was how the people on top of the floats threw all kinds of candy, making me feel like I was in a very specific Halloween. The best thing that they tossed out was not candy; it was the incredible amount of weird bathroom items, like tissues or toothpaste. Next, I meet up with some German locals to have move the karneval festivities to their neighborhood. It was wild! People were jumping all over the place and I was filled with the karneval spirit. The final two days of karneval I took as a rest period and get some well needed sleep. The class week was more of the same, a lot of homework and not much time to relax. However, I really enjoyed our excursion to Bayer, where I learned all about a real pharmaceutical company. It was very interesting to see how they designed their products and use some of their equipment, like the "old man suit." Finally on Saturday I took a bus to Utrecht to see the state of trance festival. It was incredible! The music would vibrate my bones! It was a really interesting experience, as the music really did put me in a state of trance. I completely forgot about my life and I was "in the moment." I know that I'll be returning to the Netherlands again after the great fun I had at Utrecht!

No comments:

Post a Comment