Sunday, January 11, 2015

Time to head to Germany!

It still doesn't feel all that real, I mean, I can't believe that nearly 24 hours from now, I will be the farthest I have ever been from home! This realization is both scary and incredibly exciting. I can't wait to be immersed in the culture and try the food and listen to the music and just experience what Germany has to offer!

Getting to go to a country where soccer is a HUGE deal is something I am definitely looking forward to. I hope to make it to a Bundesliga match or two, and watch some great soccer and take in everything that goes along with one of these great European sporting events. I'm really looking forward to the newness of going to a new place and studying and getting involved in the culture and getting to know my fellow Aggies better.

I would definitely say that leaving for a whole semester makes me a little anxious though. Even with all the rationalizations, there will be people who will speak English, you've been away from your family for this long before, getting lost is an inevitable fate that will end up being a great opportunity to find an amazing place, it's still a little nerve-racking going to a brand new place.

Anxious and excited, a great description of me the past few days. Stay tuned to see which of these emotions wins out in the battle to not let me sleep on the plane tomorrow! I can't wait! Auf Wiedersehen College Station!


No comments:

Post a Comment