Sunday, January 11, 2015

Lets go to Germany!

I am super excited now that I finally get to begin my journey to Germany after thinking about it for almost the entire semester, however I am obviously filled with mixed emotions

I think I am ready.

I am trying to rationalize with myself the fact that I will be out of the country that my family and friends live in for 5 months by saying things like “oh it’s like going to college station and not coming home for the semester (which I usually do because I live almost 5 hours away and don’t bring a car to college),” but I know that’s not true. I am going to be in a foreign country where I don’t know how to pronounce a single thing without sounding it out like I’m in pre K again. I’ll be living with a random family who I know next to nothing about and will be immersed into a completely different culture but I believe it will be alright. I am probably overthinking this like I usually do with everything because I love traveling, experiencing new places and people and cannot wait to see what Europe has in store for me. In descending order, the things I am most excited about regarding my next semester are: Traveling (hopefully to as many countries as I can without going broke/failing all my classes), new food/language/culture, and finally since it is a STUDY abroad semester, school.

Once more over the checklist

…and

I THINK I’M READY TO GO TO GERMANY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment