Saturday, January 31, 2015

Ein Kartoffel

I hope this still counts as my weekly post because I keep procrastinating when it comes to this blog...

The past two weeks have been pretty stressful and I think I'm starting to get used to it! We saw the Post-War German History Museum last week, had the AIB Welcome Event last weekend, the Mayor's welcome thing on Monday (was that even the mayor though), and went to Cologne on Tuesday. My favourite part was definitely the rooftop tour of Cologne Cathedral and I know I'm going back to see it again! Everything we've done so far was so much fun but I'm pretty freaking exhausted.

I've had more than a few screw ups with my host family in the past two weeks but they still make me feel welcome. They've told me that they have the best student, but I don't think they understand how much I appreciate having them. My host brother and sister finally talk to me, even though it's just about how school/practise was (yasssssss). I guess bribing them with chocolate croissants worked! I'm going to watch my host brother play floor hockey tomorrow! Apparently he's really good and his games are intense so I'm excited to see it.

Classes are mostly good but I'm definitely struggling with signals. I'm glad that I have people who will try to explain it to me (Mitchell and Garrett, you guys rock), even though I know they have better things to do.

I've been extremely homesick this week and it's starting to get a little better. I miss my friends and family so much more than I thought I would. I know my mom would have loved seeing the Cathedral and it makes me miss her more.

I think I hear a baby crying downstairs but no one is home... what.

No comments:

Post a Comment