Sunday, January 25, 2015

A little insight on my Weekend


These past couple of days have been great! Friday afternoon was a special day for my host family because it was my host dad's (Franz) birthday. I was invented to dine with them at the China-shiff-Restaurant where we were served delicious Chinese cuisine. The restaurant is a boat on the Rhine, which I thought that was really unique. According to my host mom the boat is required to sail at least once a day for permission to be on the river. Hence making it a fully functional boat ;).


The next morning (Saturday) I woke up early to prepare for the hike and there was no indication that it would snow, but around 9:30am within five minutes the entire street was covered in blissful snow!!! Snow may not be a big deal for many people, but it was the first time I had ever experienced it. It was everything I imagined and more!!! I thanked my mom several times during the hike for over packing and making sure I had everything I needed.  Not once did I feel my feet wet or cold, and I felt warm and snug underneath the numerous layers of clothing. After our hike we prepared for the moment our entire group was anticipating… The AIB Group Battle!!!!! Well it was meant to be the moment where every program introduced themselves and gave a little background on why they are studying in Bonn, but our group took that a little more seriously. We practiced for about an hour for 2 days straight and when the day came we exceed everyone’s expectations. We won the battle! Well unofficially that is…since it wasn’t a competition and no one received a prize. Nevertheless, victory was in our teams eyes and everyone seemed to be happy to have performed the German Biosciences group take on Bye,Bye,Bye! If working to put a song/dance choreography together was that much fun, I can’t imagine what the rest of the semester has in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment