Sunday, January 11, 2015

This is Unbelievable!

The first time I heard about this opportunity was my freshman year, two years ago. I remember at the beginning of the presentation I was skeptical about studying abroad, but when I left, I had been convinced: I wanted to go study abroad. I forgot about it until this semester in Physiology when it was presented again. I knew at the end, I was going to apply and go to Germany. I called my parents excited to tell them and expecting them to tell me "No". I was wrong. They were just as excited as I was and encouraged me to apply. Ever since I applied, I have been dreaming of what is going to happen in Germany and now it's here! 

Of course, there are plenty of expectations that go along with a trip like this. I hope to see as much of Germany and Europe as I can and to learn more about different cultures in the world. I want to travel as much as I can (while still doing well in my classes)! I am so excited to see all these places I only see on TV. That is definitely what I am most excited about. 

Since it's the night before I leave, there are more anxieties fluttering through my mind than wishes and hopes. The thing I am most anxious about is the host family. Staying with a family I've never met makes me nervous. Really nervous. Emailing them has made me feel better but it's still scary. Another anxiety is flying internationally for the first time BY MYSELF. I have flown a lot in my life but international flying is completely new to me. I also know that I am going to miss my family and friends. Everyone says that I'll be having too much fun to remember but I know my brain. I'll miss them. But I would be happy to be proven wrong!

I am so excited to see everyone in Germany on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment