Sunday, January 18, 2015

Curry for Days

It hasn't even been a week here and I already love it :) Germany is so beautiful and settling in was so much easier than I expected thanks to my wonderful host family and the other biosciences kids!

My host family is wonderful and I try to spend as much time as I possibly can with them! I cooked for them the past two nights and they said they liked it! I'm not sure if they're lying to me to be nice though... I made so much curry last night by accident that I'll probably have lunch for the entire week! I've spent hours every night talking to my host parents about anything and everything. It's the best part of my day :) My host mom told me that her two kids were too shy to talk to me but one added me on facebook and the other said bye to me so basically I'm officially in the with fam.

Some of us went to Drachenfels to see the castle ruins today! The hike up there was so worth it and I had a ton of fun with everyone :) We also went to Mayschoss on Friday for a wine tasting and I think I more than enjoyed it. So far all the places we've been to have been amazing and I can't wait to see what else we do!

Unfortunately, classes also started and I'm not having as much fun with those. I can barely get through one question of the signals homework without falling asleep. German class is so fun and my host family is always impressed when I come home and speak a little more German! Physiology and history of medicine are interesting so far. Hopefully everything stays manageable!

I'm off to watch a strange German show where actors who aren't famous anymore eat random animal parts in order to eat an actual dinner. I don't know whether I misunderstood my host mom or not but I guess I'll see! 

No comments:

Post a Comment