Wednesday, January 21, 2015

It's all an adventure!

So, it finally hit. I knew it would, but I didn't know when. The first wave of homesickness has officially set in. I think the excitement of being in Germany has worn off a bit and I'm realizing I'm here for the long haul. It probably didn't help that I was looking at old family pictures on my computer as I was trying to clean up some storage. I'm not only missing my San Antonio home, but my College Station home. I also knew this would set in sooner or later, as my friends and roommates all go back. I got to FaceTime with all of my roommates tonight so I was so that made things a lot better. I miss my College Station and San Antonio family, but I will be back very soon (in the grand scheme of things) and I need to savor every second I have here. 
On Sunday morning, my host mom and I went to an English speaking Anglican church down the road from the flat. It was very different than what I am used to, a lot more traditional than the contemporary services I usually attend, but the congregation was very welcoming and interested to get to know me. That afternoon, some of us went on a hike to some castle ruins just outside the city and it was such a beautiful hike. The views were amazing over the Rhine river valley. I was truly reminded of the beauty of God's creation.

Classes are starting to pick up a bit so I was a bit nervous at the beginning of the week, but I'm starting to get a grasp on how to handle my classes (really just trying to figure everything out for Physiology). I am still worried about Biochem since it will start after spring break and be crammed into half a semester. I'm hoping we can start lecture a little earlier.

It's all an adventure though!

No comments:

Post a Comment