Sunday, January 18, 2015

Achievement Unlocked

I can't believe it's already been a week since I wrote my first blog post about leaving for Germany! Time is flying by and it's incredible. I guess I'll just share some initial thoughts about what has been happening this last week. 

1. Leaving wasn't as hard as I thought. I was a bit sad that I was leaving my family but I didn't sob on the plane like I thought I would. Also, it's so easy to talk with my parents whenever I have some wifi that it's not even a big deal. 

2. It's so COLD. I feel like no matter how many pants I wear I am always going to be cold! Yes we always knew Germany is colder than Texas but it's completely different to be living in it!

3. My host family is amazing. I said in my first post that I was scared to be living with a family I didn't know but they are better than I could ever imagine. I feel like I can treat them like they are my family! We hangout more often than I was expecting and they are so helpful!

4. Finally, Germany is amazing. The structures are beautiful, the land is beautiful, even the people are beautiful! 

I'm excited to continue through this semester in Germany and discover more about this wonderful country!

Tschüss!

No comments:

Post a Comment