Sunday, January 11, 2015

Hello Deutschland

As I make my final preparations (mainly writing this blog post), I am filled with mixed emotions.  I have been anticipating my trip to Germany ever since August when I first applied.  The chance to study abroad for an entire semester in Europe is certainly exciting.  But now that it's finally time to leave, I'm feeling a little anxious.  I can hardly speak any German, and I have never been to Europe before so I don't really know what to expect.

However, after reading the blog posts from previous years, I know that what I am feeling is no different than what other students have experienced.  I'm sure that once I get acclimated to Bonn, I'll start to relax and get the most out of my time abroad.  Plus, since I'm from Tennessee, I'm already comfortable with going to school far away from home.

All-in-all, I'm nervous but ready to leave tomorrow.  I've had a great winter break with my family and friends, but I'm excited to see what's in store this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment