Saturday, January 10, 2015

This is CRAZY!! We are going to live in Germany!

     I cannot believe that the time has already come to spend the semester abroad in Germany. I feel like I've been talking about it forever and it's finally here! So I usually suffer from something called FOMO (Fear of missing out) and as weird as this may sound, only of my biggest worries is FOMO, not because I'm scared I'll miss something in Europe but because I don't want to miss anything going on back in the states, especially in College Station. I'm sure once I get to Europe, I'll be completely fine.
     Another fear of mine is being away from my community in College Station and not making any kind of community in Germany. I don't really know anybody going on the trip yet so that might be a huge factor.  I'm sure that won't happen though! On the other hand, I'm really excited to step out of my comfort zone and meet new people, experience new cultures, and grow as a person.
     I know this is a STUDY abroad trip but I'm really excited to travel while I'm in Europe! I just have to remember that I'm there to study and not just travel around. I'm sure my classes will keep me busy though! This is something I've always wanted to do, since I was a little kid, and it's finally here! I can't wait to see what this semester brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment