Sunday, January 11, 2015

Deutschland Beckons

Finally, Everything is ready. Which is rather humorous because, personally, I never thought I would ever finish preparing for such a large embarkment. I've run through the list a dozen times:
  • Everything is packed
  • Boarding passes are printed
  • Classes are registered
  • goodbyes have been said
and I'm still about to explode.

The excitement of this study abroad has reduced me to a breathing ball of energy yearning to be living in Germany. I can hardly wait to meet my host family in person, experience German culture, and learn more about life outside of College Station.

While this semester remains an academic one, filled with reading and studying, I'm excited to not only succeed in my classes but also engulf myself with the new world all around me.

Im excited to travel! Europe has many unique countries that I hope to get an opportunity to visit. Plans will be made, and great times will be had all across Europe.

Most importantly I'm excited to be, or attempt to be, German for a semester. I hope to have great times with my host family and leave with the intention of visiting them again!

I'm excited to experience Germany, and can't wait to see what this semester holds!

Garrett Harmon

No comments:

Post a Comment