Thursday, January 22, 2015

Germany Blog: Episode V

 I've only been here for a week, but it feels longer than that. The first three or so days I had to constantly check bus schedules/routes to get anywhere, but now I feel very comfortable getting around. Bonn is a very nice city- it's very pedestrian friendly, it's pretty, the weather is pleasant (but I wear about five shirts every day), and there is so much food everywhere that it's impossible to not find something to eat. I'm enjoying all my classes, but I might update that statement later in the semester. My one and only complaint so far is that it takes quite a while to get around compared to driving everywhere like back home. The trip is almost always pleasant though, so it's not such a bad thing. Learning the language is very fun. I communicate like a three year old (lots of pointing) but I've managed to order food without speaking English, so by next week or so I'll probably be completely fluent. This week has included a lot of adventure and I'm really excited about the rest of the semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment