Monday, January 19, 2015

I got hit by a bus!!!!

So my first week in Bonn has been very eventful and awesome. after arriving at AIB and going over some initial stuff, we got to go home and meet our host family which is amazing! They have two young girls who love to talk but they know both German and Turkish so I have no chance at guessing what they are saying right now.

So far my classes are going fine and I am especially enjoying my German class (right now my favorite words include 55-fünfundfünfzeig and sorry-entshuldigung)

This week I went to two museums, the Egyptian museum which contained a bunch of artifacts and the Arithmeum, which was a math museum but was probably the coolest museum I have ever been to. Also, to clarify the title, on one of the tours around Bonn, we were shown where the bus stop was and evidently I was standing too close to the edge of the sidewalk and got brushed by the back of a bus but I was not injured in any way. Walking around the vineyard Maychoss and the wine tasting were also nice. We also took a (very long and strenuous) hike to the top of Drachenfels which were some old castle ruins and the view at the top once we stopped gasping for air was breathtaking (ha ha).

I know the rest of my stay in Germany is going to be amazing and I cannot wait to continue on this adventure

No comments:

Post a Comment