Sunday, January 11, 2015

Germany 2015!


The winter break has come to an end quicker than I expected, and I am about to embark on an amazing experience in Germany. I had to overcome a couple obstacles like getting my VISA!!! Luckily I was recently approved and now there is nothing standing in my way. Most of my anxieties were about pre-departure. Although I am sure this will be a life changing experience I have concerns about my home-stay, weather, and the language. All of which I am sure will not be a problem and just requires time to adjust to. I am excited to see how our lectures will be incorporated to our surroundings. I hope to gain experience in the field of medicine and have a better understanding of how healthcare works in other countries.

Even though I am a little anxious about my home-stay I think that staying with a German family will only facilitate me learning about their culture and the language. When I received an email from them with a picture of their family it made me feel more at ease and reassuring that this will be an amazing experience. I am an only child so it will be interesting to live with a family that has four children all under the age of 16.

We will see what is in store for us in Germany!


P.S. Not excited about my 6:05am flight L

No comments:

Post a Comment