Thursday, March 1, 2018

Woche Sechs


Blog Post of Week 6: Tests and Things
March 1st, 2018

Hallo!

We just finished up test week and I feel like I am back on vacation-mode already. France is coming up in a few days and then we have spring break. All I can think about right now are the fun times I’ll have eating snails and crepes and taking touristy pictures in Paris and Rome, with me pretending to lift up the Eifel Tower in my hand. Oh, and seeing where Games of Thrones was filmed in Croatia even though I don't even watch the show !!! Yes, March is the month of many travels.

This past week, I FINALLY hung out with my host sister Ingrid and met her wild Russian friend named Marina. We mingled at the youth hotspot of Germany called Saucelitos, and we talked about music, our lives and goals, and plans for the rest of our time in Europe. This weekend, they want to go out to Cologne and stay at the club until 5am, which doesn’t even sound like something I am capable of doing because I’m such a grandma and can’t keep my eyes open past 2. We will see what happens though and if we end up going out, since Friday is Alwin’s birthday and he’s turning the big 2 0.

Trying that Mandy Essen for the first time
I went to Corey and Mitchell’s host house last week as well and I finally got to try the famous Mandy essen (food), and it definitely didn’t disappoint. Their host sister heard I came over and now she wants to meet me, so I will go back again at the end of this week. I’m pretty excited because I love meeting new people and it’s fun to meet other people’s families and visit their homes to see how other student's here are living because we don;t typically get to see other German houses except our own.

View of the Rhine during a morning run
The rest of the week consisted of studying, but with a few highlights in between. Today, for example, Corey bought me a Nutella crepe. I love the crepe, but even more, I love the old man at the crepe stand. I always practice my German with him and he is such a sweet guy! Apparently, he opened his stand only 6 months ago, which I was so surprised to hear because he seems like he gets good business and has been around for a while. I also went running with Lexie this week in preparation for the Bonn marathon and we had a lovely run by the Rhine river (picture to the right), which actually made me get more sick since I was already coughing/conjested before the run. I am now convinced that I have walking pneumonia, but whenever I told Mitchell and Kate, they laughed at me L


Now we are caight up to today, which was the final exam in German class. I am actually VERY sad that German class will be no more because Hilde was such a fun lady and I loved learning German. I am thinking that I might want to live in Germany for a little while after I graduate so becoming fluent would be good for me J  I will continue to practice in my own time though, along with Spanish. One of my goals in life is to be multilingual in Spanish and German and they will serve me well when I move back to Europe (hopefully soon!).

We also had a physiology exam today and apparently everyone did horribly. I did not think the test had a lot of the material that I had studied, so I guess I will have to study differently next time! That's about all I will say on the testing though, because they're super boring to talk about!

Tomorrow, we have an Enmodes presentation, and this is where we will condense groups. I am excited to add more people to Team Addidas because I feel like we did not mesh very well and it would be nice to have more people to kind of buffer us out. We have very different leadership styles and we lose patience with each other pretty often, but I think we came up with a cool “innovative” idea. I guess we will see tomorrow if they end up choosing our idea- I'll keep you all updated.

Anyways, I’m sorry if this was so boring. It’s been a very mundane and school-oriented week. To top it off, I thought I should mention that I;m currently running the laundry. Super cool, right? I know next week I will have loads to write about though, because FRANCE!

I will watch Netflix now, or maybe write that 311 essay… Who knows? Maybe I’ll do both!

Bis Spater!


No comments:

Post a Comment