Monday, March 26, 2018

CHAPTER IX


This week tests and homework kept me pretty busy, but they all got finished in the end and went well. The main thing of the week my physiology test over cardiovascular and respiratory systems. Physiology is probably my favorite class, I think, because it seems the most applicable to everyday life. The body is so complex and all the physiological systems are so intricately intertwined. These two topics weren’t necessarily my favorite, although they are super applicable and helpful for our semester long enmodes project.

One nice treat this week was a midday run! I had a 2-hour gap or so in the middle of the day, and I wanted run along the Rhine. It usually takes at least 20 minutes to get to the Rhine, so it wouldn’t be worth it to ride the bus only to go on a run. So many other people were walking, running, or biking along there river.


The streets of Bonn simply come to life on Saturdays! The weather was lovely (a sunny, 45 degrees probably, but after weeks of much colder, 45 constitutes a nice day), and thus the town was super busy. During the week, I mainly spend my time in the city center walking to and from the bus stop, grabbing a quick lunch, or in class; I don’t always get to see the town in its full splendor! My friends and I stopped in some shops and did some tourist sightseeing around Bonn – we want to make sure we don’t spend a whole semester here and miss out on some of the well-known (or hidden) gems around town.
  

The city of Bonn sends some vouchers back for different activities around town back with visa applications, so on Sunday, Darby and I visited the Bundeskunsthalle. They were having a special Wetter Austellung. The exhibit was pretty neat; there were different paintings, photographs, weather instruments from the different time periods, and a lightning machine (basically it created lightning that we could touch). We also tried out a bakery/café and sent some postcards back home!


Random Takeaways

Running is more enjoyable next to water.

I would tell past me to not leave my hat on the bus…


No comments:

Post a Comment