Saturday, March 3, 2018

Q: How many gummies would a Lexie eat if a Lexie could eat gummies? || March 3, 2018

A: ALL OF THEM
(I've had about five bags of gummy worms/bears in the past four days. It's time for an intervention.)

Since I've fallen into a pattern of writing two blog posts at a time, it's been two weeks since my last one. But that's okay because there's not really much to talk about. In fact, this entire post is just going to be a random mismatch of thoughts. Enjoy!

So, yeah, what have I been up to?

Besides a trip to Berlin last weekend (see my last post), I've just been hanging around Bonn. It's mostly just going to AIB in the morning and then back to the house after dark, but I have found the time to find a couple of new places I like around the city. Rheinaue park has proven to be a great spot for a morning run and Elisa's suggestion, Madame Negla, might just be my new favorite spot for lunch, although the pizzaria's Parma is a fierce competitor. Also, our host parents brought us some dessert from Eiscafe Olivotti the other night and I'm really itching to go myself.

The newest wave of my cold/mystery disease is pretty awful. It's been progressively returning and now it's almost as bad as it was during the Vienna trip, which obviously isn't the best to mix with test week and my upcoming two weeks of travels.

In the past couple weeks I've finished up my first round of exams and if I'm being completely honest, none of them went all that well. I've known for a while that I should be more on top of my studies, but I never really made the effort so my grades are facing the consequences. I'm still confident that I can bring them all up with some work, but now the pressure is on and the next exams are going to be all the more stressful. Also, yesterday was our first Enmodes presentation and it went really well. I think they liked our idea and I'm excited to move forward with a couple of the other groups.

I signed up to take part in the Bonn marathon in April--I'm only doing a leg of the relay but even so, wish me luck!

Today, Ibk and I made some travel plans (the last of the semester, woot woot!), finished up homework, did laundry, and had a much needed movie night. It's nice to have someone to hang out with all the time and I'm really grateful for the friendship we've been able to develop over the past couple of months.

Tomorrow I'm planning on a morning run and then a visit to Beethoven Haus. After two months here you'd think I'd have already made time to see it (especially since my daily bus stop for school is literally called Beethoven Haus) but better late than never! After that I'll have to do some strategic packing because on Monday we're leaving for a weeklong excursion in France and following that is Spring Break! Two weeks worth of stuff in one backpack--it shouldn't be too hard but challenge accepted nonetheless. For the class portion of the trip, I think I'm more excited about seeing Colmar and Beaune, just because I've been to Paris before and I've already done a lot of the touristy type things there. Unfortunately we won't be spending too much time in those two cities, but at least I'll get a taste of what a more standard French city is like. As for spring break, I think I'm most excited for the spontaneity. We don't have very solid plans as to what we're going to do, just the general when and where, but I think that makes it even more fun. Updates to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment