Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Week 6: the Schmidts call me "the travel girl"

Hallo!

School has been stressing me out a little and the upcoming exams did not help. Pharmacology is proving to be a hard class and it is very heartbreaking. However, I did enjoy our pharmacology workshop with Dr. Fajt and learning how to accurately search for literature.

When I booked my trip to Berlin, I had no idea how stressed I would be and that it would be a good idea to stay in Bonn this weekend. I have no regrets (well maybe a little) about deciding to go to Berlin. It was my favorite city and it tops my list of favorite cities. It seemed like every corner we turned was rich in history and I LOVED IT!
Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe

Brandburg Gate

Our tour guide, Georgia, was so knowledgable and her words on humanity and the monstrosities we are capable of will always stick with me. She led us around Berlin and we loved her so much that we decided to go to Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp with her the next day. Nothing could have prepared me for the feeling of disgust towards hate and sadness for its victims. Berlin, I love you.


xoxo,
Claudia


Special thanks to these girls for letting crash at their place! <3



No comments:

Post a Comment