Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Super Spring Break


For spring break, I went to Croatia and Italy. My trip first started in Croatia. Here, I visited the waterfalls. It was incredible! The waterfalls were one of the most beautiful sites I have ever seen. However, I was also very menacing. The trip to get closer to the waterfall was difficult. There was snow and ice all over the bridge, making it very difficult to get across. At one point I slipped and almost fell over the edge! However, I was able to make it over and see the waterfalls. They were so majestic and worth all the trouble to get there. Later in my Croatia excursion I visited Split. We drove all the way there and were able to see the sights as we went through the city. Split was very close to the coast, and here we followed paths and trials around the city. Later, I had a crepe pizza, which was pizza dough covered in bananas and Nutella. Next, we went to Dubrovnik. Here I walked the wall surrounding the city and visited many sites where game of thrones was filmed. It was really cool to see the castle architecture surrounding the city. The only problem was that there was heavy rain, making the walk a lot wetter than expected.

Next, I went to Italy. My first stop was Rome. Here I saw the colosseum. It was really interesting to see how long the structure had lasted. The colosseum was still standing after 2000 years, and I was in awe when I sat on a rock that had been in one spot for multiple centuries. The next day in Rome I had the best ice cream of all time at a parlor called Frigidarium. I got 2 scoops of gelato and had it dipped in white chocolate. It was absolutely incredible. I have never tried anything so amazing. Later I visited the Vatican. Since it was too full at St. Peter's Basilica, we were only able to see the Sistine Chapel. But the Sistine Chapel proved to be incredible enough for me. I was in awe when I stared up at the ceiling. When I thought of the Sistine Chapel, I only thought about the main portion with Adam and God. However, I had no idea there was so much more surrounding something that could barely be considered the main part of the chapel. Everywhere I looked, there was something more interesting than the last sight. It was so impressive! Later I went to the Roman Forum. I really enjoyed walking around what would have been a Roman market. My entire trip to Rome was just full of history that I would never forget!

For the final leg of my spring break trip I went to La Spezia. This is on the coast of Italy and was well known for its seafood. During the process I hiked through the fishing villages There were five in total, each separated by a solid hike. The problem was being that my ankle was sprained. Plus, it was raining heavily during the hikes. Both of these factors did not make hiking very easy but I still enjoyed the hike. The only problem was being that the last 2 legs of the hike were blocked off since the weather made the terrain too dangerous. So I took a train to visit the last 2 fishing villages. All in all, my trip to Italy was great. I saw many cool things and was able to experience Italian culture like never before.

All in all, my spring break was great. I was able to visit many countries and cross off another world wonder off my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment