Sunday, March 4, 2018

Winter Wonderland// T R I B E R G

Good things come to those who wait! That's what I think about when I think back to how this trip came about for me. Thanks to Alwin for not going and to Nicky for inviting me on this weekend getaway! This weekend was literally one of the best weekend yet. I am pretty sure at this point you are like ok, but like where did you go though? But be patient, I am about to tell you. I am going to be nice and not make you wait as long as we did to get our ski shoes and pole! (That wait felt like an eternity) but it was well worth it! Ok ok, this is where we went! We went to Triberg, a town in south Germany! We as in Kate, Nicky, Corey, Mitchell and I. There you are, good job for hanging in there! 

 I found out I was going on this trip just 2 days before I went. I was so excited to go hiking the Black Forest, but the night before I went to Triberg, my host mom scared me a little. She was leaning towards me not going because of the bad weather forecast for Triberg that weekend. Contemplating this, I checked the weather, had an hour convo. with Lexie detailing the potential pros/cons of going. Friday came about, and I finally made a decision to go the morning of the day we left. This was literally one of the best decision I have made while being here in Germany. On Friday, Kate, Mitchell and Corey went to get the rental car and we began out journey to the south. The ride there was really fun, filled with mostly jamming to Nicky's throwback songs. We were all super pumped for the weekend. The drive there was not too bad, and the weather was also good to us. We got to Schwenningen, a town about 25 minutes away from Triberg, where our airbnb was. We got dinner at a Singapore restaurant and it was absolutely delicious, more so because we were starving at this point. After dinner, we went to our air bnb and went to bed!

The next day, we woke up to the downpour of snow! It was so pretty, and so pure. The snow was forecasted to fall all day Saturday, and it really did. After getting some parts of our homework done, and figuring out how we were going to get to the Black Forest, we headed out. We had to run to catch our bus that took us to the central station to catch a train to Triberg. We barely made it to the bus, but so grateful we did. On the bus, a series of event happened. From staring in awe at the beautiful pure substance falling from the sky, to helping a car stuck in snow, and watching a bus maneuver it's way up a steep part of the road, I concluded that the bus ride was one to remember. 

Finally, we made it to the station and got on our bus to Triberg. When we got to Triberg, we figured out where the Black Forest was in location to where we were and we headed there. We got to the Black Forest and we hiked it for about 3 ish hours. When we got to a ski jump area, we built a forth and had a snowball fight! After this we began to head back out of the Black Forest. Ps. If you are ever in need of a stunt woman for some reason, hit me up, Kate is one of the best I know! We had lunch at an Italian restaurant, just a few minute walk from the Black Forest and after this, we went back to our airbnb. We relaxed for a bit and played a card game called president! We retired for the night. 

The next morning was another beautiful adventure as we sought out to find a place to cross-country ski! Our drive to the ski resort was super beautiful. "The contrast between the color of the trees, building and the snow made it so appealing to the eye." We got to the resort and I realized I was a little under-dressed. We waited forever in line to get our rentals, and once we did, we went on the snow. On getting to the area where we went to ski, there was a little slope across it, where I fell twice as I was getting the hang of moving on skis. This was 2 of 17 of my total falls, yes I was counting! But keep in mind it was my first time skiing. So grateful to Mitchell (aka papa Moore) who helped me during my falls and gave me pointers on how to not fall so much. After skiing, we got dinner and began our ride back to Bonn. This weekend was so much fun, I wouldn't mind having this weekend again. 

Next stop Berlin is calling ma name! Stay tuned for updates. 
Bis spater 

Photo Gallery: 
I love Kate I promise


Takes your breath away..ja? (part 1)

Takes your breath away..ja? (part 2)

Takes your breath away..ja? (part 3)

Takes your breath away..ja? (part 4)

Takes your breath away..ja? (part 5)


wir sind glucklich 


Snow tastes delishh




No comments:

Post a Comment