Monday, March 26, 2018

Eiffel in Louvre with PARIS

Eiffel in Louvre with PARIS
The alarm wakes the peaceful yet snoring bear at 4 am. This sleepy bear only got about 20 minutes of sleep because of late night phones calls and packing. With an early rise the two weeks of adventure began. There is something about wakening up at the peak of dawn and starting your day. Although it isn’t always pleasant when the alarm goes off it allows for so many possibilities in the day. The first day we went to Colmar and I got lost in a museum for 30 minutes and couldn’t find my way out. To having snails for the first time, should I mention they are extremely yummy to singing our way through the restaurant with the lalala- song. All to end it with a late night walk and pillow talk. That led to another early rise day in the beautiful city of Benue with another beautiful museum tour. If I am completely honest I can’t remember what museum it was… only because I was so excited to go to PARIS!! My whole life people always said Paris wasn’t anything special, too many people, too much trash, so many homeless people. But to those complainers I say THANK YOU, you lowered my expectation which led me to be in awe all week. From the Eiffel tower to Norte Dame, every second was a dream in Paris. It gave me the feeling of being in a European New York City. My personality was made for a big city, all the hustle and bustle. There something about being squished on a subway car and shoving through crowds that really makes me feel alive. It was Three days in a city filled with so much beauty. Yes, I did see the Mona Lisa. Yes, I did wear my Mona Lisa socks. And Yes, our tour guide did talk about my socks for like 15 minutes. And yes seeing the Mona Lisa made me want to cry. Due to all of this I bought a real cute Mona mug. As a lover of all different types of artworks. Going to the louvre felt like a spiritual and out of body experience. If it was up to me I would spending days in the Louvre. In awe of every chiseled statue, brush stroke on paintings, and the color combinations. Then to peeing on the Eiffel tower, well okay not exactly on it. In a bathroom in the Eiffel tower but it sounded cooler if I cut the bathroom part. I’ve discovered that I’m not a fan of big spaces really high up. I am a lover of roller coasters but not having that feeling of being strapped into something truly freaks me out. To end the week, I got to see my roommates/ best friends from college station. Being able to show them around Bonn was such a honor. It was during that time I realized how much I’ve fell in love with Bonn. We went to Beethoven’s house where Addie freaked out the whole time of excitement. To a sunset walk along the Rhine….Yeah I know I love walking. Now I am on a plane to Portugal, what an adventure! Even though I am in the middle seat squished like an Oreo I am still super excited for the week ahead of us.



                                                                                                                              Much Love ,    

XOXO 
Going German


 Extra Quotes: 

"Do you speak english? (in bad german) Nein Deutsch."-d.s.

"THERE IS A COLONIAL WOMEN ON THE WING SPAN OF THE PLANE, THERE IS SOMETHING THEY ARE NOT TELLING US." - April 28







No comments:

Post a Comment