Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Test Week - Germany Week 7


              This past week was a week that many people back on campus are also very familiar with: test week. A week full of a little sleep and a lot of stress, and not much time for exploring Germany. Between three tests, one major presentation, 3 lab worksheets, and a paper due by the end of the week, I was quite exhausted and looking forward to the weekend. I am pretty sure the only thing that got me through the week was thinking about leaving for France the next week and then having Spring Break!

              Friday and Saturday were filled with a movie night and then shopping in Bonn. After how cold it has been all week, it was nice to see the sun out and for it to be a little warmer. I spent Sunday hanging out with my host family, which was relaxing and fun. I met my host sister for the first time and we went for a walk through some fields and woods near our house. It was great to have another girl close to my age around for just a little while, since I have been living in the house full of her four brothers. Sunday night, my host brothers, host parents, and I went out to eat at a Spanish restaurant close to the house. We actually walked there, which was strange at first, but makes a lot of sense because it was not very far and there were seven of us. This eating experience was a very interesting endeavor. I was better able to read the Spanish in the menu than the German but deciphering it all was still a challenge. The food was not what I was expecting at all, as I was thinking it would be closer to Mexican food, but it was still very good.

              Yesterday was our first day in France, but more to come on that in a later post. For now, I’ll just say that it has already been great and I am excited to see Paris! Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment