Sunday, April 30, 2023

Week 16

 Wow, last week. 

This has been such an amazing experience. Our last week here was just filled with exams, but Amanda and I made sure we went to our favorite places before leaving. We ate at Bono (got sick so that was fun), ate at our favorite Greek place, got our daily coffees at Backwerk, and just enjoyed each other's company a little more. Friday we went to Braubach and visited the Marksburg castle. It was so beautiful, and definitely a hazard to clumsy people. I think this castle was honestly probably one of my favorites. I loved the guide, the castle, and the vibe of the overall place. On Saturday, Amanda and I spent our last weekend in Cologne. It started off so badly. We both were wearing shorts and this older man sitting in front of us on the tram was taking pictures of our legs... we were so freaked out. We made the most of the day, ended up eating breakfast at Isabellas, and then ate a late lunch at a cute little Italian place. When we were leaving Cologne, we had another traumatic experience. We saw this poor man just collapse and hit his head so hard on the concrete. It is a sound I will never forget in my life, people rushed to help him and called emergency services but... Later that night we ended up packing and that was so stressful. The videos and pictures I took of us attempting to get our bags the correct weight will be forever cherished. On Sunday, we packed all day and just hung out. 


Just a few more days until I'm home with my best friend, my cats, and my momma! I have never been so excited to go home to Texas... 

No comments:

Post a Comment