Saturday, April 15, 2023

Week 14: April 11-16

On Tuesday, I worked hard on my med school app draft, and we had an enmodes session, our last physiology lab (yay!), and pharmacology. On Wednesday, we had physiology, German, and an intercultural workshop. We learned comparisons in German and played more Jeopardy in the workshop. I had one more essay to write for my application, so I took advantage of an empty house on Wednesday night, sat in the yellow chair downstairs, and was very productive!

On Thursday, we had an excursion to Remagen. Unfortunately (and fortunately), we didn’t ride bikes there because it was too cold and rainy. We took the train instead and walked along the Rhine to the Friedensmuseum. The museum was built inside the towers that held the bridge on one side of the Rhine, and it was really neat to learn about the history of the bridge before it fell. After the museum, we had lunch, and that’s when I really started feeling bad. Once home, I submitted my application draft and then relaxed. Claudia made me tea and gave me fennel honey to help with my cough and voice.

Sadly, I had to stay home from the Bingen/Andernach excursion on Friday. My cold was getting worse, and I needed to take the day to rest, especially with an even busier week coming up. I’ll have to hear how the trip went on Monday. On Saturday, my cold symptoms started moving from my chest to my sinuses, which is no fun. I’m hoping I can get better by Monday because I can’t afford to not be 100% this week. Saturday consisted of homework and studying for the MCAT. I have a lab exam on Monday, so that will be my focus tomorrow. Then, all efforts shift to finishing the enmodes project before our final presentation on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment