Thursday, April 27, 2023

Week 8- Berlin

After a healthy Week 7, I was unfortunately beginning to feel nagging fatigue in Week 8 that continued to affect me for a good portion of this semester. My exams went well, something I was very thankful for given my anxiety about starting off in a hole with exam scores like I did last semester. I had two incredible highlights this week. The first was an unexpected Facetime with one of my really good friends back home. I was able to talk to him and my Mission Buddy (a kid that I mentor back in CStat), Julian, for a while, which was really sweet and uplifting. My brother committed to Davidson for soccer, which made me a very proud big brother. He's worked so hard for so many years, and to see his dreams turn to reality has been incredible to be a part of. After a tough week of school, me and a couple of friends spent the weekend exploring Berlin, the site of so much history. The highlight for me was definitely Sunday afternoon, which I spent at the Pergamonmuseum and the Berlin Wall memorial. 



Certainly an important week with long-term ramifications. With Spring Break around the corner, I was certainly looking forward to the days ahead.

Colby Wilkens

04/27/23


No comments:

Post a Comment