Tuesday, April 4, 2023

week 3

WEEK 3!

The third week was just as full of surprises as the first two, as i would describe this week as eventfull. I went to Cologne on my own for the first time and got lost on the way there but i had the chance to ate at a couple of new restaurants in the Bonn/Cologne area.

The highlights of my week include: 

cafe C’est la vie, during the week i decided to grab lunch there and they have a lot of pastries as well as a very broad menu! I highly recommend going there. In school, we worked on the special senses lab which I thought was very dynamic and fun! I had the chance to put my tasting and smelling senses to practice while I was blinded. On my weekend trip to Cologne, I had the chance to visit the "Cologne triangle"  It's a high rise building with a breathtaking panorama of the city of Cologne. 

Also, in Bergisch Gladbach not far from Cologne, I visited the Salvador Dali bar, which is housed in a castle. This hotel's unique atmosphere stems from the fact that it was once a royal palace.

Cologne/Bonn has surprised me with its uniqueness, and I am loving every minute of my time here. And I'd like to suggest that everybody take the tram and get off at any city close to Bonn. Traveling around Germany is a great way to learn about the country's diverse culture, history, and contemporary scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment