Sunday, April 23, 2023

Week 15: Hello Exhaustion, My Old Friend

     Every semester I think about how tired I get during finals week and that it is hell on earth. Turns out I was wrong. Hell is a place on earth and it is this week and next week. We spent an absolutely ridiculous amount of time at AiB trying to get our projects finished and our presentations down pat. We were all up there late into the night several days this week trying to fix everything that that told us to fix each time after we presented. Our last run through was a total disaster. Most of us forgot what we were supposed to say or couldn't help having a stutter in our voice. It was completely due to being burnt out, exhausted, and done with giving the same presentation over and over. Our official presentation on Friday went very well when we presented to our program and enmodes. We didn't have any issues during and were able to answer all of the questions that were thrown our way.  It was a little sad to have a semester's worth of work over in ten minutes.

    A few of us also had our third genetics exam on Thursday. We spent a lot of time holed up in Starbucks whenever we had free time early on in the week before we had to stay late. There was this super cute dog that wanted to come up to Erin but the owners were a little wary to let him come up at first. After they saw that he wasn't being aggressive they let him walk over and he shoved his nose right into our hands when we reached out to pet him. I know that the dog trying to come up to Erin made her feel special. Let's be honest, being chosen by a stranger's dog is a high honor. As we got to the middle of the week the two of us would go back to her house late and study for the exam after being at AiB all day. It was hard to find the motivation to go through our 46 page study guide at 10:30pm. The exam ended up going fine and now we get to turn around and prepare for the final that is in a week. No rest for the wicked. 

     I still felt absolutely exhausted and congested so I had to tell the charity day coordinator that I wouldn't be able to make it on Saturday. I didn't believe that it would be a good idea to try and work outside when I still had so much crap in my lungs. I slept a lot over the weekend and spent the rest of my time studying for our third physiology exam and final that is coming up this next week. Erin and I, again, found ourselves in Starbucks for hours on end trying to finish up our study guide. Four exams in a week will do that to you.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment