Saturday, April 15, 2023

Week 14

I've been struck down in my prime. 

I've been sick with a cold all week and this cold has some serious hands. I've been down for the count and the timing couldn't be worse. I have to prepare for exams and enmodes but I get so tired that I end up going home and just sleeping. I know it's what my body needs but it is still inconvenient. I have an exam Monday, Wednesday, and enmodes presentation Friday. Then I have 3 exams the next week and a final a couple days after that. All the students have such a stressful and packed schedule these next few weeks so at least we can commiserate together. 

This week was very short. We had class for 2 days and then excursions. The two days of classes weren't bad, but they made me feel unprepared for next week. The Thursday excursion was fun. We went to Regamon and saw where the bridge was and got a tour of the museum associated with it. It was a little rainy but other than that it was nice weather. During the lunch we all talked about our hogwarts houses and I think we all get sorted at the end of the year which is exciting (Go Slytherin!). The Friday excursion included us seeing the Hildegarden and the museum. I really enjoyed the garden. Peri and I sat in the sun like lizards for a bit before continuing on to Andernach and the museum there. The museum there was very cool. It had all kinds of things in it from Roman surgical tools to 1950's gynecology devices to plague doctor costumes to a covid exhibit. It was very homey in there and our guide seemed like a very nice man. After we got popsicles and returned to Bonn. 

I haven't seen much of my host mom this week and I feel kind of bad about it. From what I can tell she enjoys spending time with me and I feel like I'm neglecting her when I only see her for about 10 minutes a day. The next few weeks are very busy and I've been sick this week and I think she knows she won't see me much. It feels like we are phasing out of living together. 

I have loved getting to see Germany transition from winter to spring, but it is a little bittersweet. I think Germany has a beautiful spring and summer and I won't get to experience it. I want to stay here because Texas summer is awful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment