Sunday, April 16, 2023

Week 14!!!

This week went by very fast. On Monday, I was very stressed because I felt like I had a lot of assignments to do and not enough time. However, Peyton and I went on a walk outside and got some coffee and I felt much better after. It’s crazy how spending some time outside in the sun can significantly change your mood. After that, we came home and I wrote my essay for BMEN 253. That night, Peyton and I got Greek food with our host dad. We went to a restaurant in Siegburg and it was one of the best meals I have had in Germany. On Tuesday, I had classes all day, as well as Wednesday. Wednesday evening, I had my 3rd BMEN 211 exam. It was so interesting… there was so much on the test I did not know. However, I tried my best, so I am trying not to worry about it. On Thursday, we had a day trip to Remagen. We were supposed to bike there but the weather ended up not being great, meaning I could sleep in an extra hour, which I was of course fine with. We went to the Friedenmuseum and learned about the Remagen Bridge. We then walked to an Italian restaurant for lunch and it was so good. After, Peyton and I headed home and I worked on my Enmodes DHF then relaxed. On Friday, we had another day trip to Bingen and Andernach. On the bus there, Erin and I worked very hard on our DHF so we did not have to work on it in the evening which made me happy. We started off in Bingen at the Museum Am Strom where we learned about Hildegard, ending in her garden outside. We had a weird encounter with a German conspirator who was very mad that Peyton was wearing a mask. It was uncomfortable and reminded me that we always need to be on our guard in a country where we don’t know the language and where things are, just for our safety. We got back on the bus and headed to Andernach. We went to a Bavarian restaurant where I ate the best (and probably last) schnitzel I’ve had in Germany. Our last activity of the day was going to the Johann-Winter Museum. This was one of my favorite museums we have been to. It contained the history of medicine from the start of time up to the present day. It was exciting to hear our guide talk about things that Dr. Wasser has taught us in BMEN 400 or things we have seen in person, such as the Hotel Dieu in France. After, we got back on the bus and headed back to Bonn. Peyton and I went to the grocery store and then back to our house. On Saturday, I slept in and then studied at Starbucks all day. In the evening, I watched 500 Days of Summer, which was a pretty good movie. Sunday also consisted of Starbucks and studying. I got a lot done this weekend which I am glad for since the entirety of this week is devoted to Enmodes. I cannot believe there are only 16 days left. I am excited to go home and see my family and friends :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment