Sunday, April 23, 2023

One more week?!

 

            The enmodes project is finally over. What a stressful damn week. Didn’t think it would be that bad but after a few complications and some work from the team we were able to figure it out and present a complete and working protype that would solve the problem. Very proud of the team and the hard work that they put in. Glad and lucky that I was put into this group and have to say that I’m very proud of them, what a hell of a group.

              The genetics exam did not go to plan per se since I barely missed a B but spoke with Dr. Derr and he is giving me another opportunity which is generous for a university professor. Hopefully, the final will go well, and I can prove to the prof that he was not wrong in giving me this opportunity. Other than that, nothing else is going on with genetics, which is pretty nice.

              Finals week is coming up and I don’t feel as stressed as I would regularly feel. Don’t know why but I feel prepared for the exams and don’t feel the need to study as much as some of the other classes like genetics. Maybe it was the fact that I listened to the lectures a lot more intently than I usually do, which paid off in this instance.

              We had our charity event this week and it went great. I enjoyed the work we had and working with both Peyton and Amanda and the Lafayette lads was a great deal of fun. Didn’t think I would have as much fun as I did but I was wrong. After our great shed designs were completed, Peyton invited me to go eat with them at a place called “Be Real” and it was good. Nothing compared to Burger Manufacturer but good for Germany. I tasted this weird lemonade thing, and it was weird with a spicy taste to it. Maybe they messed with my drink once they realized I was an American imposter. No but that dinner was quite fun and something I had not planned for. After that, I headed to Siegburger brauhaus and tasted their local beer and it was great. One of the top ones for sure. I need to return to buy that glass, so I’ll probably head back this coming week with Joaquin.

              This week surprised me a lot in terms of both academics and life itself. I have begun to see that I am going to miss Germany once I get back home and get some rest but also seeing that there are some things I regret doing and some opportunities I missed. But that is life, and I will learn from them and use them to get better, which should always be the goal. On to the next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment