Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Week 12: Move Over Emily It's Peri in Paris

     Okay, I will fully admit that I actually really enjoyed going to Paris even though I was not a huge fan of the French. Paris charmed me with the weather, the architecture, and the frequency of the trains. It was so nice in Paris and I could just imagine myself sitting on one of the numerous balconies with an espresso just observing the people passing by on the street. Erin and I went to the top of the Eiffel Tower and you want to talk about the best view in all of the city. We were the last group to go up so it was so easy to get a good spot along the railing. It did start to rain on our way down and we ended up getting pretty soaked on our way to the train stop. Getting to see Paris at night was worth it though. We also made a point to visit the Paris Catacomb which has been on my bucket list for years. We also went to the Louvre with our program and got to see some of the sculptures and painting on display. I will say that we were moving way to quickly to be able to really enjoy all that the museum had to offer. Long story short, I would definitely go back to Paris if the chance ever arose.

    After Paris so of us continued on to Lyon for part of the weekend. We got to see a smaller French city and just walk around with nothing we absolutely had to do. We did end up having to visit the police station after Vic's phone was stolen. Needless to say, that phone will never be seen again. It was a cool little city but it wasn't really anything special. I did get a piercing though so I got my souvenir from France. 

    After Lyon Erin, Kass, and I went to Freiburg im Breisgau to do some hiking in the Black Forest. It was raining cats and dogs when we decided to go but we had less than 24 hours in the town and wouldn't have had another chance. We were absolutely drenched by the end of our trip. We took some amazing pictures and got to get outdoors for awhile so there wasn't too much to complain about. We also went to a restaurant that night that had the best schnitzel that I've ever had in my life. It was Viennese style with french fries and oh good lord I've been thinking about that meal since then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment